- Rain sensor shutoff for automatic irrigation systems.
- Conserve water by automatically interrupting the watering cycle during rainfall.
- Includes both metric and standard measurements.
- Millimeters of rain before disconnecting as well as duration (after rain stops) before connecting again, can be adjusted.
- In most installations, the sensor acts as a switch to break the circuit to the solenoid on the valves of the irrigation system when it has rained.
- This allows the timer to advance as programmed, but keeps the valves from opening the water flow, subsequently causing the sprinklers not to come on at the scheduled time.
- Once the rain sensor has dried sufficiently, the switch closes again to allow the normal operation of the sprinkler system.